When it comes to living a healthy lifestyle, your shopping basket wields tremendous power.
Here are some easy tips to help you navigate your supermarket and become a nutrition-conscious, savvy shopper:
- Always go in with a plan.
Bring your grocery list.
- Don’t shop when you’re hungry.
You’ll buy things you’ll later regret!
- Stick to your list to manage your budget and your weight.
- Shop along the perimeter of the store, where fresh foods tend to be located.
- Avoid aisles with things like chips, cookies and sugary beverages.
- Buy a fruit or vegetable you’ve never had before to add variety to your diet.